Just released this afternoon is the new Polar Grit X Outdoor Multisport watch. Specially designed for outdoor enthusiasts, the Polar Grit X combines a rugged housing with a lightweight design and all-new Smart Coaching features. Polar also promises ultra-long battery life.
Polar Grit X is unlike any other because it is designed to meet the military MIL-STD-810G standard. In theory, it should be able to cope with the toughest conditions. The Polar Grit X weighs just 64 grams without sacrificing battery life: Polar claims the battery lasts about 40 hours in full training mode and even up to 100 hours in one of the power-saving modes. Handy for longer outdoor adventures such as a multi-day trekking or an ultra-endurance run.
Hill Splitter function
A new feature on the Polar Grit X is the Hill Splitter function. This automatically detects whether you are going up- or downhill, and according to Polar in this way you can better anticipate the intensity of variable terrain. The watch naturally provides detailed performance information after each training or hike and also provides in-depth insights into the intensity of your activity. The watch can also help you adjust your speed at various stages of your workout for a more structured workout.
FuelWise Power Assistant
Anyone who is regularly intensively engaged in training or who is on the go for longer hiking trips, knows that a regular intake of food and fluid is crucial to bring your activity to a successful end. Polar’s FuelWise Smart Nutrition Assistant provides custom automatic reminders to help you consume regular nutrition and most importantly, fluid. The watch is of course equipped with an optical sensor that measures your heart rate.
Other new features of the new Polar Grit X include integration with the Komoot route planning and guidance app and a two-day weather forecast, for on-the-spot planning when weather conditions change. For these functions, the Polar Grit X works together with your smartphone with the Komoot app installed. More about the Komoot app here.
Polar Grit X Functions at a glance
• Polar’s Precision Prime: optical heart rate measurement with unique sensor fusion technology
• FitSpark: personalized daily workouts and workouts on your watch based on your fitness level, training history and recovery information
• Nightly Recharge: nocturnal recovery measurements that show how well you recover from your efforts during the day. Receive personalized tips and exercises that help you make better choices for your health and achieving your training goals.
• Training Load Pro: prevent over- and undertraining and train more effectively. Training Load Pro combines your cardio load, muscle load and perceived load into one easy to understand insight.
• Sleep Plus Stages: measure your sleep cycle and provide detailed insight into the quality of your sleep.
• Running power: measure your muscle load during your run via your wrist, the calibration method for exercising every session with the right intensity.
• Polar Flow: this mobile and desktop application allows you to analyze your performance and plan your workouts in detail.
The Polar Grit X retails for € 429.90 and is available on polar.com in the colors black, green (size M / L) and white (size S / M). Various other wristbands of silicone, textile and leather are available for € 29.95, € 39.95 and € 49.95 respectively.